The Conferencing and Special Events Group is located in room GE-140 in the Forrestal Building, with office hours from 7:00 am - 5:00 pm.
The office supports all your conferencing needs, including:
- Conference Room Facilities and Reservations
- Conference Equipment - Speaker Phones, LCD Projectors, TV/VCR, etc.
- Broadcast Services
- Fixed Facilities
- Requesting Passport and Visa Photographs
Call (202) 586-6651 to schedule rooms.
Keys can be picked up Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., in Room GE-140.
Call (301) 903-4352 to schedule rooms.
Keys can be picked up Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. in room E-055.
|Forrestal Room Number||Capacity|
|GE-086 (Large Auditorium)||192|
|GJ-015 (Small Auditorium)||53|
|8E-069 (Program Review Center)||65|
|Germantown Room Number||Capacity|
- TV/VCR: Utilized to show videos of meeting, classes or events. These can delivered to the conference rooms on individual offices.
- Screens: Utilized with projection equipment to show large images.
- Camcorders: Utilized to video record meetings or events by the client.
- LCD Projectors: Utilized with desktop or laptop computers to project the image on the monitor onto a large screen.
- DVD Players: Utilized with a video monitor (TV) to play DVD discs.
- Cassette Recorders: Utilized to audio record meetings or events.
- Podiums: Utilized to support documents and displays during meetings.
- Laser Pointer: Utilized on large projections to pinpoint specific data information.
- Speaker phones: Utilized to allow large meeting to hear an outside attendee.
- Display Boards: Utilized to display charts, graphs and pictures on 7'x10' panel board. Velcro is utilized to adhere material to the boards.
Broadcast Quality Television and Audio Production - Live and recorded production for training, conferencing, and special events.
Satellite and T-1 Transmission - Broadcast to DOE field offices, stakeholders, and news organizations.
Interactive Audio & Video for Conference Support - Video conference support for large audiences, extension of live television programming and distance learning. "Listen only" and full interactive audio connection for single or multiple off site conference participants.
Intra-facility Television Distribution - Local broadcast, reception of long distance learning, news feeds for recording, display and redistribution, recorded programming, in-house live feeds and satellite TV reception distributed on-demand to DOE/HQ facilities via Cable, Fiber and Microwave transmission.
Forrestal Main Auditorium
Multi-camera television production facility capable of fully interactive audio teleconference and video conference via satellite and ISDN/IP based digital transmission.
Forrestal Small Auditorium
Multi-camera television production facility, capable of fully interactive audio teleconference and video conference via satellite and ISDN/IP based digital transmission.
Single camera television production facility, capable of fully interactive audio teleconference and video conference via satellite and ISDN/IP based digital transmission.
TV Production Facility
Multi-camera television production facility at Forrestal, capable of fully interactive video conference via satellite and compressed digital transmission using a wide array of set configurations and backdrops.
Studio Editing (Non-Linear)
Two broadcast program editing/effects, pre-production and post-production, and graphic development suites.
Multiformat video and audio duplication of non-copyrighted DOE programming.
The Conferencing and Special Events Group supports all your engraving needs, including:
- Desk name plate requests
- Office directory name changes
- Wall plate requests
- Room number
- Special signage
To request engraving services please submit DOE F 4250.2 (pdf), Requisition for Supplies Equipment, or Service.
To better serve you, please call in advance to schedule passport and visa photographs.
Passport and Visa photos can be obtained by visiting:
- Forrestal - Photography Lab located in room BH-071, (202) 586-1350.
- Germantown - Conferencing Office located in room E-055, (301) 903-4352. Germantown office hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. No appointment is necessary but call to ensure a staff person is available.
Use this link to the Contact Us page for the Conferencing and Special Events contacts.
Last updated 09/17/13